Tuesday, December 15, 2015

French New Wave Film Background

     I had the idea for this film earlier this year.  The french new wave has been influential to my style for a long time, and I love the thematic elements of the plot lines.  Growing up in a private school community, I relate to the main character when he skips school, preferring death to conforming to society.  The story is classic; boy makes bully jealous, picks a fight, wins at the last minute.  It seemed like it would work perfectly with the situation I had.  The situation is similar to The 400 Blows.  He skips school to do something he shouldn't be doing: playing hooky.  His motivation is to prove himself, and the fact that he probably gets a kick out of ditching his teachers.
Bob would see his shiner as a token instead of a blemish.

No comments:

Post a Comment